Friday, May 27, 2011

The Village of Dance


I am thankful to my friend for directing me to this link. Nrityagram is a word with Sanskrit roots that means 'Dance Village'. I am not a dancer. Yet. But I have always dreamt of being one. And knowing about places like this inspires me immensely. Some day, I'll pack my bags and head for this village, to learn and live dance. Not being able to dance has always felt like a handicap. I wish to be able to express myself in this beautiful form of art that has the ability to transform one to a realm of greater things. I wish to experience the liberation of portraying a story - human, dramatic, real, surreal. I wish to be able to communicate to something deep within me, positively dark and unknown, something glorious and unexplored. I wish to be able to dance some day and forget there is, or ever was, an audience.

Some day.

2 comments:

Subhrashis Adhikari said...

lovely post...
oh you sure will dance...
It comes to living things naturally...
all one needs to do is to listen to the rhythm within...it's the rhythm divine...
onlookers may or may not find it perfect...but as long as you are happy moving your body and your soul with the rhythm you are dancing.... :-)

Tulika Verma said...

Thank you SUB. Your words are very encouraging! :)